Wednesday, June 15, 2005

LOL!!

LOL, literally meaning "laugh out loud", came in to being specifically to be used in situations hilarious enough to "laugh out loud." So, how is it that people use lol to denote a snigger and not that they genuinely find something funny?

Thus, the poor lol has been demoted to being a mere snigger, or and expression of sarcasm at times - its place being rightfully taken by ROTFLMAO, and ROTFLMBO, and ILSHIC (I laughed so hard I cried)!!

I wonder who's incharge of all the demotions and promotions....

4 Comments:

Blogger Australopithecus said...

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAH.plop. that was me just LMAO

12:01 AM  
Blogger Manu said...

exactly...i was gonna do a whole post abt it myself! LOL is almost always a snigger...i like ILSHIC...lol!
dayum...

11:42 AM  
Blogger The Abyss said...

@Finch: Thengyu medam for being so politically right.

@Aus: ILSHIC at you LMAOing. heh!

@Manu: Pls do the post - I wanna see what you think about it. I hope this post conveys atleast some of your thoughts. I am sure you'll do a better job though.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

*scratching butt*

What?

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Site Counter