Friday, August 26, 2005

Student Union Computer lab

The excitement has only just begun!!

The beginning of the semester is always fun - for people like me who have been
around the university long enough to qualify as a pillar. We have all these obviously overwhelmed and awkwardly outta place international students who are still trying to figure out the laundry machine.

The object of this post just came in and sat right in front of me...which is pretty freaky and aside from the point. Extra-friendly SN walks up to me the morning after a very very long sleepless night manning the aforementioned lab and this is the conversation that took place:

"Hello, I am SN."
"Erm, Hi...Eliza"
"Which department are you in...?"
"I am an undergrad.."
"Yes yes....but which dept are you in"

*secretly rolling eyes*

"Exercise Science..." (repeated thrice)
"Aaa..what? XE aaa?? what is that?"

*pitch increases*

"EXERCISE SCIENCE...(aaarrggghhhhhh)"
"Ohhhhh...Kinesiology aa? I was in your class this morning!!"

*huh?..class? major freaking out happening...I had a class this morning?*

"Uh, I am sorry I have only one class this sem..in the EVENING."
"No no...I was in your class...anatomy and physiology. I was taking notes"

*Takes duct tape and tapes the guy's mouth shut*

"SN, I DON'T have A&P this Sem"
"Oh, ok. But anyways, I was in that class in the morning. I was taking notes."

*SO WHAT THE EFFIN' HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???*

Ufff..kaisa kaisa public aata hai US. On another note, right when I started this post SN comes and sits in front of me on one of the MACs and says "Arrey ye system sab alag hai na? Pata hi nahi chalta browser kahaan hai!"
Abey A class ke 3rd grade duffer, Microsoft systems kya tere sasur ke liye rakhe hai kya?

6 Comments:

Blogger Australopithecus said...

i wasn't in A&P this morning, but i was taking notes.
is this version 2.0 of "can i borrow your notes"?

6:11 AM  
Blogger The Abyss said...

NO!! This was version 7.5 of "OMG you are Indian too? Which means I can say anything as a pathetic excuse of being friendly!"

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

har har. came here after a long time and had a good laff. how r things?

- neuro

6:58 AM  
Blogger arvindiyer said...

And here I was thinkin the pathetic excuse version hasn't been upgraded!! How be u?

9:11 AM  
Blogger El Goofydom said...

kekekekekekekekekeke....

3:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

babe..am back in leeds..hard at work..not got net at home yet but shud get it by tues/wed (21st or so)..gimme a call when u land in the uk..and dhoka mat dena X-( mera number hai 07780604411

CALL ME..tc

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Site Counter